Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mother's Day!

We had a wonderful Mother's Day at our house.  It actually started the week leading up to Sunday since the kids were too dang excited about their Mother's Day projects they worked hard on at school.  Seriously melted my heart how excited they were to give me their things and how proud they were of them.  Love these kiddos!


With 9am church it's kind of hard to do any holiday celebrations/breakfasts before church so I made a deal with Steve and he got super yummy cinnamon rolls from a bakery close by: easy and delicious!  Steve's present to me was an awesome collage where he had formed letter's out of the kids to spell "We love you!"  I love it and it makes me smile every time I see it!  I had a great day at church followed by a nap, yay!  I topped the day off with trying a yummy new recipe (Steve can't cook so I don't leave any big meals to him and that's ok!).
I had a great Mother's Day...  I know this holiday is hard for so many, those who long to be a mother or have more children, those who don't have their mother's anymore, and those feel like they are failing as a mom.  I really made it a point to enjoy this holiday this year and I have so many reasons to... I have an amazing mother who is an example, friend, support, and always there for me.  I am also blessed with an incredible mother in law who is a second mother to me, not to mention my sisters-in-law and friends who are wonderful examples to me and such a support in the sometimes difficult road of motherhood.  All of them alone are reason enough to celebrate mothers.  On top of all of that I get to be a MOM!!  Sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am that I get to be a mom.  It is definitely one my biggest blessings.  Mother's Day was a great reminder of how blessed I am.  Life may be difficult sometimes and we may have a lot of stresses and uncertainty but at the end of the day I get to do exactly what I always wanted, be a mommy.

No comments: