Saturday, November 21, 2015

New furry family member...

That's right, the Wilkers got a dog.  Ever since we had to say goodbye to Jackie almost two years ago Steve has been on the hunt for a new dog.  I put a hold on it with Kaley being born because I just couldn't do a newborn and a new dog.  Steve constantly checks the facebook pages/websites of the the local animal shelters and shows me all the cute dogs.  We finally took the plunge a couple weeks ago.  The kids and Steve have been in heaven with her and I am sure I will learn to love her as much as they do, lol.  She is an 8 month old Chihuahua mix.  She is just little and really sweet.  She rarely barks (and not the yippy kind of bark), doesn't shake or get nervous, loves the kids, loves to cuddle and has lots of energy.  She seems like a good fit for our family since she doesn't seem to mind the kids constantly in her face or bugging her and Steve absolutely loves the cuddles.  We're still working on house training her a little and since she is still kind of a puppy she thinks the kids' toys are hers sometimes.  Nothing too major.  It's been especially fun to see how much the kids like to play with her and have her cuddle up next to them, even Kaley!



No comments: