Saturday, November 21, 2015

Time Out for Women...

It was that time of year again, time for Time Out for Women in Phoenix!  My mom graciously offered to pay for me to fly down for the weekend.  This was our 5th year going; what a great tradition!  This year all of my sisters-in-law were able to make it (Maile, Aranne, and Katie) and we were joined by my aunt Peggy and her daughter Andrea.

I am so thankful for the Allegiant flight that goes from the Idaho Falls airport to the Mesa Gateway airport.  Unfortunately there are only 2 flights a week which means you don't get to pick the times and they are notorious for delays.  The flight time this time around kind of stunk because it was Friday evening which meant I missed half of the Friday night session of time out for women.  Add to that, the fact that my flight was a half hour late.  Oh well.  Katie picked me up since she lives on that side of town and we made our way to downtown Phoenix where parking and actually finding the venue was an adventure.  I was so glad to finally make it there!  (oh and I have to mention how amazing it is to fly without kids! I got to read, listen to my music and enjoy some m&m's without sharing.  Pretty nice!)

The whole event was just awesome.  The years I get to go without a baby I am able to pay way better attention and take notes which I love.  There were great messages and stories that really strengthened and uplifted me and reminded me of the women/wife/mother I want to be.  So wonderful!



That night Maile, Aranne, my mom and dad and I got to go out to dinner and we got to go to church together on Sunday.  I got to squeeze in a nap before Nate and Katie came over so we could celebrate their daugher's (Juliet's) 3rd birthday.  I also got to meet their baby daughter Izzy for the first time now that she is 5 months old.  We had a fun evening all together before they left to take Aranne to the airport and Maile would stay the night with them before taking her to the airport early Monday morning.  I was the only one left!  My mom and I got to hit up Target and grab some lunch before dropping me off at the airport on Monday and I made my way home!  The whole weekend was great and of course went by way too fast.

I have to give a giant shout out to Steve for being so awesome the whole weekend.  He had all three kiddos the whole time and even had to take them to the doctor to get the bigger kids their flu shot, take them all to Preston's soccer practice and pictures, and he even took them to Stake Conference on Sunday.  What a trooper.  I feel so blessed to have such an amazing husband that is such a hands on father.  The kids absolutely love him and they have such great relationships with him.  I love it.