This super cute and messy girl turned 18 months on January 15th. Pretty crazy how old she is getting! She is still just a tiny thing at only 18lbs. 11oz. (6th percentile) but is in the 30th percentile for height. She has just the sweetest little smile and gives great hugs and kisses. She is definitely a different personality than her brother and sister. She is very serious and cautious and pretty quiet, especially around strangers. She loves to be where ever the big kids are and to be doing whatever they are doing. She loves technology and gets mad if she can't have our phones or my kindle. Her favorite show is Blues Clues and she loves music and her blanket. Thankfully she doesn't get into too much trouble yet and no major temper tantrum throwing. Preston and Abby are great with her, even if they are in her face or bother her a little too much. This little girl has no idea that she is going to be a big sister or that her world is going to change in a big way (which scares me a lot!) but I'm hopeful she will adapt quickly and thankful she has her older siblings to help her along the way.
Last Sunday, January 17th, was her first day of nursery at church. We were very nervous and not very hopeful it would go well. I took her in and stayed for a few minutes while she quietly played. She looked very nervous! I snuck out because I definitely do not want her to get used to having me there and thought for sure I would hear tears or they would need to come get me, but nope! She made it the whole time! They said she didn't change her expression or make any noise the entire time but I don't mind since she actually stayed in there and didn't cried. We were amazed, especially since 1pm church is exactly her nap time. We aren't so sure how it will go in the future now that she knows what it's all about, but we will see. Of course, she is sick for her second Sunday so Steve and I are taking turns going to church so he can go to sacrament meeting and I can teach the lesson for the Beehives. Hopefully Kaley gets better soon because her cough and cold are just so sad.
| Caught this pic after church since we are the last ward so we help put away the chairs and then Steve is always chatting away! |
No comments:
Post a Comment