Early on in this pregnancy, a sweet sweet woman from our ward JoyLynn Moore offered to throw me a baby shower. Months went by and I didn't know if it was going to happen or not. This isn't our first go round with having a baby so I didn't want anyone to feel like they had to throw me a shower, but at the same time I knew it would be a big blessing for us. She offered again and we decided to have a diapers and wipes shower. She was so so sweet to put it all together and host the whole thing.
We had it on the evening of Friday, May 13th. It was all ladies from the ward with a few who have since moved out. There were probably about 17 or 18 women that came. It was a fun night of chit chatting! I came away with piles of diapers and wipes and felt so loved.
Steve and I have been talking a lot about how much we feel a part of our ward family. It's definitely something that takes time (we've been here for over 5 years!) but we feel like people genuinely care about us and these babies. We have so many in the ward that are so excited about these babies! It is so touching to feel that love and care and we feel really blessed to have that support. An example... I have been looking for a dresser for Kaley for about two months. I've watched craigslist and the facebook yard sale sites for a cheap dresser that could work and there was nothing, except for junk dressers that people still wanted $50 for! No way! I was getting ready to just buy rubbermaid plastic drawers to do the job for the time being. An older lady in our ward posted on facebook that she was having a big yard sale so I asked if she had any tall/small dressers. She sent me a message right away that she had one and sent a picture. It was perfect for what we were looking for size wise. She said it was old and not the best but when I asked how much she wanted for it, she said they wouldn't accept payment for it. Seriously, so nice. Steve went to pick it up the next day and it is absolutely perfect for what we needed it for and in great shape... and would actually be really cute painted if I ever get around to that someday. Even though I hadn't prayed for this dresser, it still felt like an answered prayer because it was something I had been worried about and now it was money we didn't have to spend. We know that we will only continue to have that care and support in these coming months!
No comments:
Post a Comment