I feel like I have hit two more milestones, I am in the 30's in terms of weeks and it's officially May! It kind of freaks me out that it's May, the last full calendar month before these babies which just makes it so real! Time for a little update...
I had my doctors appointment on Wednesday, May 4th when I was exactly 31 weeks. Babies still look awesome and are growing great. Baby A was 3lbs.10oz. and Baby B was 4lbs, so a little bit more of a difference but nothing worry some. Baby A was still head down (she seems to like that position) and Baby B was transverse (aka. sideways). She seems to be my mover and shaker and is all over the place. They passed everything that they were looking for during the ultrasound which is awesome. Starting next week I get to start going to appointments twice a week. Every Monday I will have an NST (non-stress test) where I get hooked up to monitors to monitor their heartbeats for awhile and then every Thursday I will have my ultrasound and doctor's appointment. Sounds like a lot of time at the doctor's office!! My doctor said that if everything continues to go smoothly than the plan is to deliver between 36 and 37 weeks which is between June 8th-15th. I have no history of preterm labor but this is a different ball game so we will see how things really go!
How am I?? I am big! I look and feel full term but we still have some time left which is crazy. My belly just goes straight out so it looks huge! I feel like I need a sign that says, "No, I am not due yet, I am just having twins!" I get sore most days and get worn out doing even small tasks. I am out of breath a lot and I just have to laugh when I am out of breath from bending over to fix my shoe or something little like that. Thankfully I am still sleeping pretty well although it hurts just to roll over. This is definitely the most difficult pregnancy I have had physically but in general I am healthy and doing well and know that things could be much much worse, so I will take it. I have also gotten to, and passed a little, the most I have ever gained with one of my pregnancies and the most I have ever weighed in general. Kind of crazy to see the numbers keep going up on the scale with still more time to go, but it's not something I stress over... plus we all know I am not exercising at all and I definitely let myself indulge in treats right now!
I got sick for the third time this pregnancy with pink eye and a killer sore throat and congestion. It's been about a week and I am still not completely better. I hate that my immunity seems to be so low while pregnant and I just get so sick, on top of already being worn out and all of that!
I had a couple weeks of super nesting and I was able to get all of the baby clothes ready, do some organizing and pack my hospital bag. Again my ambitions were greater than my energy and it seemed to take me days to get easy tasks done.
This is such a crazy and weird experience with so many unknowns. There is a part of me that feels like everything will be fine and we will make it to the end to my scheduled c-section and then the other part of me is scared of something dramatic happening like my water breaking or having to be admitted to the hospital for a long time. Obviously we will make it work if something happens but there are just a lot of fears and anxieties with all of this.
Emotionally this is getting overwhelming now that it is getting closer and more real. The thought of caring for two newborns at once is hard to wrap my mind around and quite scary! Bringing home one newborn is a big deal and quite an adjustment, so TWO?! Yikes! Really hoping and praying for some divine assistance with all of this once they are here. I am also having the fears and anxieties for my other children... will they still feel loved and get the attention they need from me, especially Kaley? I have had those same fears before having each of my children so I feel like it is totally normal, it just feels more exaggerated this time around since there will be two babies to take my attention away. Every once in awhile I feel like a get a glimpse in my mind of these two precious spirits that will be coming into our home and I am just overwhelmed with joy and peace, so for now I just hold onto those moments.
We finally told everyone the names of these two girlies. We have known for a couple months but were keeping it under wraps. Steve is not good at keeping secrets so he finally had to tell everyone. It is fun for them to actually have names! So for those who didn't see Steve's post on facebook...
| Baby A |
| Baby B |
No comments:
Post a Comment