Monday, May 1, 2017

Birthdays!

April was a busy month and after Easter it was birthday week!  First up was Abby's on Tuesday, April 18th.  She turned 6 years old!!  I can't believe it and 6 seems so much older.  She has been excited for her birthday for months and she couldn't contain it much longer.  Before school we went to the store for her to pick out a little cake and some donuts as a treat.  She was excited to take a treat to school and it was her idea to bring small bags of candy for all of the kids in her class.  She helped me get the bags and candy all ready.

Unfortunately Steve was super sick that week.  He had already stayed home that Monday and after just a couple of hours of work on Tuesday he came home and went to bed.  He was able to perk up enough for Abby to open her presents after school.  We let her pick dinner that night so she and I picked up Noodles and Company and finished it off with a cute cake covered in sprinkles.





The highlights of the day were in the morning when Abby stared long and hard at herself in the mirror and told me that she didn't look any older yet.  She was a little worried!  And then that night when I was tucking her in she told me, "I just can't believe I'm 6!"  She was so cute and excited the whole day!

Next up was Steve's birthday on Wednesday, April 19th.  He was still pretty sick but managed to go to work that day.  He doesn't love birthdays but I still try to make it kind of fun for him.  I brought him a yummy soda since he couldn't meet up for lunch after missing work.  When he got home he opened his presents (which he had mostly just picked for himself  since he knows what he wants!).  That night he got to pick dinner and since he still was exhausted and not feeling great it was Taco Bell at home and ice cream for the treat.  I sure love this guy!  It's fun to treat him to a special day.  I find myself lately telling him as I go to bed, "I love you sweetheart.  Like I really, really love you!"  And it's not an exaggeration and I'm not just saying it, I  feel like our marriage is stronger than ever.  I feel so blessed to have him and to partners in this crazy life!


No comments: