We spent that Friday night hanging out at home and having a little late birthday party for Steve and Abby with some KFC and cake. We even had fun dancing and teaching the kids the Macarana.
This is Steve's brother Daniel. We haven't seen him in like 4 1/2 years and this was the first time he has been to visit us. He was in the army for a long time and got deployed a couple times and then was stationed in Italy. His situation has been... let's just say... complicated and has been living with Steve's parents trying to get his life together for the past 8 months (although he has since gotten his own apartment since they went back home.) Honestly we were a little nervous about how this visit would go with him. He is not accustomed to being around so many kids/noise and likes his privacy. It went really great though and he was so cute with the babies and even became best friends with Kaley. We were glad it went so well!
Saturday was a pretty relaxed day enjoying some beautiful weather. All the boys went to Preston's first baseball game and ran a couple of "boy" errands. The kids played nonstop and Tyson and Preston were loving practicing their baseball skills. Angie and Elaine took Abby and Kaley shopping. It was a fun and relaxing day topped off with bbq dinner.
| My babies have awful "stranger danger" right now so they usually cry when someone besides me or Steve are holding them. It's not the most fun thing! |
Sunday we had to wake up bright and early and on the road by 7:45am and in our church clothes! We headed down to Pocatello for Steve's cousin Nicole Chandler's mission farewell. She is headed to Peru! Pretty crazy because in my mind she will always be like 10 to me! It was great that Steve's family could be here for a big family get together like that. After sacrament meeting our group of Steve's family went to visit the cemeteries of both Elaine and John's parents. After that we headed to Lewis and Susan's house for a big luncheon. It was pretty crazy with a lot of people but the kids had a blast playing in their awesome big backyard and the adults loved chatting. And we had to try to keep two babies happy without any naps!
| For church my older girls and I sported our new matching skirts. So adorable!! I got a great deal and I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to be matchers! |
| Kaley and Daniel playing barbies together. So cute. |
The afternoon was going great until Tyson came inside to tell Steve and I that Abby fell off the slide. I instantly responded, "The GREEN slide?!?" And he calmly told us yes. We raced outside because they have a huge deck in the backyard and right off the deck they have a slide that goes to the grass below. It's a good 12 feet tall and I have always been scared of my kids falling off the side of it. We found Abby being held by Lewis just bawling. We finally got the story out of the kids since no adults saw what happened. Abby was just starting to go down when Preston was trying to go down around her and it pushed her off. She was just bawling and bawling and it was scary because she just kept saying "ow" and that her head hurt. It was hard to get her to calm down and we were researching head injuries in children. We finally had Steve's dad and Steve gave her a blessing. After a few minutes we decided it would be a good idea for Steve to take her to the ER to get her checked out. She didn't have any signs of a concussion but I was worried Mommy mess. I was crying and so worried about her. It is so hard to see your children hurting. On top of that both twins were completely exhausted and were not having anyone else holding them and were just crying. Good times! After Steve left with Abby I was able to rock both babies to sleep in their car seats for only like 20 minutes. Steve and Abby were at the hospital for about an hour and half, she got the all clear and was just fine. I felt silly that I was the one that really wanted him to take her and she was fine, but at the same time I felt like I could relax and not worry so much. It really shook me up but really I was so thankful that it wasn't so much worse. She could've very easily fallen wrong and broken a bone or worse. Side note: she had a headache for like 3 or 4 days after that. She really did a number!
We were all tired from a long Sunday and had a pretty quiet Monday morning. We let Preston and Abby stay home from school to be able to spend more time with our visitors and because we were headed to the Idaho Falls Temple open house. I think I will do a separate post about that... and Steve has those pictures on his phone and I need to get them from him. It was a very rainy, cold day but after the temple we went to Sizzler for lunch. The rest of the day was some relaxing and some naps and then we ended the day playing pictionary which is a family favorite for us.
| Grammy had to pose with these 4 cuties in the dresses that she got for them for Easter. |
They left at about 8am on Tuesday. It was hard to say goodbye, especially for the kids. Poor Preston had to go to school that morning, he was exhausted form lots of playing and then was so sad to see them go. He told me it was a rough day. It was a great but short weekend with them!! We were all tired from our fun weekend and I swear it took the rest of the week to recover and get the house back in order.
No comments:
Post a Comment