Thursday, May 18, 2017

Race Day!

The Saturday after our guests left, April 29th, it was race day for part of our family.  It was called the Heart and Sole of Rigby, a little town just 20 minutes away.  I have run this race 2 other times and was excited to do it again.  I had originally signed up to do a 10k like I have in the past but man oh man did I have a hard time training.  I just didn't have the motivation or time and really got behind.  So a week before hand I emailed and asked if I could switch to the 5k instead.  I felt bad for falling short of my original goal but still think 3 miles is still pretty good!

It was a crazy morning because Steve had to take all of the kids with him to Preston's soccer game where he also filled in as the coach.  I headed to my race on my own, did my race and then Steve met me there after the soccer game got finished.  My race went well and I felt really good about it.

The kids got to do a kids obstacle course a little while after they got there.  Preston and Abby both participated and they were so excited because they got a race shirt and a medal just like me.  It was a fun race and they both did a great job.




After that they had a bunch of raffle prizes for adults and for the kids.  Abby's number got called for the last kids prize which was a big bag full of sand toys, bubbles, and goggles.  The kids were so excited that they won something!  Just a little bit after that my number got called and I won a Cabella's gift card for $25.  Not my kind of store, although we joke about getting me a camo shirt, but I told Steve he can use it for something for camping this summer.  It was a fun day and thankfully the sun was shining the whole time!

No comments: