I really enjoy Mother's Day... I know it can be a hard day for some. I use it as a day to remember the wonderful mothers in my life including my own and then am reminded of just how blessed I am that I get to be a mom.
One part of the day that was so touching was during sacrament meeting. One of the sweet young women in our ward, Taisha Finlayson, was speaking. We love her. She has been our go to babysitter for the past 4 or 5 years. She started her talk by talking about how over these past years their family has gotten smaller with older siblings moving out and how the Wilkers have gotten bigger by adding more kids. After the babies were born we actually switched benches at church with them (sounds like they were assigned, haha, but they are the benches we sit at every week!). Taisha went on to say that us switching benches was the best thing that ever happened to her because then she got to have a front row seat to watching our twins. She caught me completely off guard when she said that I was an example of how to be an amazing mom to these sweet kids and see how much love I have for them and also be able to see the way the kids look at me. I got so choked up. Even when Sundays are so crazy and I feel like my kids are a disaster, it was surprising and meant a lot to me to know that it doesn't look like that to someone else.
Steve had a quick meeting after church so when the kids and I got home from church I wanted to get a quick pic for Mother's Day. A selfie with 5 squirmy kids is hard!
After church, Steve made sure I got a nice long nap. I was awakened by my three oldest kiddos leading me into our cleaned up family room and being treated by my own personal spa. Kaley brushed my hair, Abby gave me a massage, and Preston painted my toe nails. They even made signs for it. After that Steve had made dinner of French toast and sausage with orange juice. He gave me a gift certificate for the real deal at Massage Envy which is exactly what I wanted. It was a very nice day!
No comments:
Post a Comment