Saturday I actually had to work all day which I was really disappointed about, but before I left I decorated for Steve's big day. I set out some fun small presents and also spelled out I Love You in candy.
I had also baked a birthday cake for Steve. I was really excited about it but when I looked at it the next day, all of the frosting had melted off the cake. I don't know if I frosted it while it was warm or what. Steve assures me that it still tastes good, but it really doesn't look good! Oh well!
Steve also got many phone calls, cards, and packages from family and friends. He got a baseball themed package from Dan & Aranne and a humongous Star Wars card from Nate & Katie. I know he really appreciated the show of love from everyone and it really made his birthday great!
I have to explain the green post-its at the bottom of the picture: we spent our first of Steve's birthdays together just a month after we started dating. I surprised him by putting about 150 post-its all over his car each with a little note or inside joke on it. So for his birthday this year I scattered 30 post-its around the house for his birthday and memory's sake. I think he really liked that walk down memory lane! Overall I think he had a great birthday!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Steve! Enjoy your thirties :)
I love the post-it's Amy.. I actually remember hearing about you doing that... I am glad that Steve got our package in time... Happy Birthday and enjoy your year!
Happy B-Day Stevo!!! I love the card :) Amy, you did such a good job...and Steve, you're a lucky guy!
Happy Birthday Stevo! You'll have to let me know how the 30's death trap is! And once again Amy gets Wife Of The Year Award!
Diddo to Carrie, Amy you really went all out, that Steve is a Lucky guy (and I'm sure he knows that better than anyone!) Happy Birthday Steve!
Post a Comment