Saturday, April 12, 2008

Let's Go D-Backs!!

I have to start off by saying that I know I've been slacking on my posting and I have to say it's just because we are very boring. Really, who wants to see pictures of us just sitting around watching TV?

Today on the other hand I have something very exciting to post about: our first Diamondbacks game of the season! We were very excited today to go to the game. It's the 10th anniversary of the D-Backs so we got free commemorative hats and we always love actually being apart of all the action. We of course had to take part in our tradition of having chicken tenders and french fries and I got to have the kettel corn I've been wanting for like a month while Steve was able to have some ice-cream. The D-Backs have been playing really well lately so we were worried they were due for a loss, but they pulled it out once again and totally killed the Rockies!! It was a great game and an awesome way to start our season of going to games (we already have our tickets for 5 more games this season!) What a great day!

The D-Backs got a new scoreboard that's absolutely huge. This is one of my favorite players, Conor Jackson. I got hit on the arm by a foul ball of his when he was playing for the Sidewinders. I've liked him ever since, funny I know.


6 comments:

Savana said...

Well, I don't follow baseball (or any sport) but it looks like fun. I loved watching baseball in highschool (mainly b/c I liked the boys playing) but have never gone to a live pro-game-I guess I should try it out!

Carrie said...

Look fun guys!!!
And being the blog police that I am I was about to get on your case for not posting lately. ha!

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to go to a Sidewinders game before they move...maybe not if I'll get hit in the arm by a foul...wait, why did Steve let this ball hit you and not catch it?!!!!!!!

Aranne and Dan said...

Looks like you guys had some fun at the game. So we don't have a REAL team here in Vegas but our Las Vegas 51s are playing right now and we need to get out to a game soon and support them!!!! GO TEAM!

Aranne and Dan said...

Hey just something funny... on my ticker on my page it says you guys are coming to visit in 1 month, 1 week and 1 day... YEAH... We are so excited!!!

Steve Wilker said...

To answer Jasmine's question of my honor - I was distracted by some very attention deprived NACHOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve