So we did have one little funny incident with Jackie this week. I kind of feel like this is a story someone would tell about their toddler, when really it's just our dog. It was still funny, so I thought I'd share it. Steve has this 5-gallon bucket that has pockets to organize all your tools. He had it out a few days ago to work on something, and then decided to reorganize it, as it so desperately needed. He had gotten done but hadn't put it away so it was in the middle of the family room. Steve and I were enjoying some Wendy's for dinner and Steve was throwing some extra fries to Jackie. One ended up in the bucket of tools by accident so she kept going up and sniffing the bucket to try to get the lone french fry. Steve finally got it out for her but she still wouldn't leave the bucket alone. She kept sniffing it and trying to get her face inside it. Trying to help her out, Steve tipped over the bucket to show her that there truly weren't anymore fries inside. She was scared of the bucket's new angle at first but she kept sniffing and sniffing it. She finally started pulling out the tools one by one to try to get to the bottom of the bucket. Steve and I just stared at her because we had never seen her do anything with such concentration before. It ended up with the tools all spread out in a big old mess and when Steve finally looked in the bucket to find what she was searching for, he found an old little piece of garbage, who knows if it was edible at one point or not. It was just so funny to watch her tear this thing apart. I guess whatever that was that was in the bucket smelled pretty darn good to her!
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Silly Jackie!
Once again, a very slow week. Let's see...I went visiting teaching, had an eye exam, and had to work on Saturday. Sure sounds like tons of fun and excitement, huh? Okay, I do have to mention the return of LOST because that did spice up our week quite a bit. I don't know, I guess April is not our month for excitement. I've got much higher hopes that May will have a lot more to offer in terms of fun and excitement!
So we did have one little funny incident with Jackie this week. I kind of feel like this is a story someone would tell about their toddler, when really it's just our dog. It was still funny, so I thought I'd share it. Steve has this 5-gallon bucket that has pockets to organize all your tools. He had it out a few days ago to work on something, and then decided to reorganize it, as it so desperately needed. He had gotten done but hadn't put it away so it was in the middle of the family room. Steve and I were enjoying some Wendy's for dinner and Steve was throwing some extra fries to Jackie. One ended up in the bucket of tools by accident so she kept going up and sniffing the bucket to try to get the lone french fry. Steve finally got it out for her but she still wouldn't leave the bucket alone. She kept sniffing it and trying to get her face inside it. Trying to help her out, Steve tipped over the bucket to show her that there truly weren't anymore fries inside. She was scared of the bucket's new angle at first but she kept sniffing and sniffing it. She finally started pulling out the tools one by one to try to get to the bottom of the bucket. Steve and I just stared at her because we had never seen her do anything with such concentration before. It ended up with the tools all spread out in a big old mess and when Steve finally looked in the bucket to find what she was searching for, he found an old little piece of garbage, who knows if it was edible at one point or not. It was just so funny to watch her tear this thing apart. I guess whatever that was that was in the bucket smelled pretty darn good to her!
So we did have one little funny incident with Jackie this week. I kind of feel like this is a story someone would tell about their toddler, when really it's just our dog. It was still funny, so I thought I'd share it. Steve has this 5-gallon bucket that has pockets to organize all your tools. He had it out a few days ago to work on something, and then decided to reorganize it, as it so desperately needed. He had gotten done but hadn't put it away so it was in the middle of the family room. Steve and I were enjoying some Wendy's for dinner and Steve was throwing some extra fries to Jackie. One ended up in the bucket of tools by accident so she kept going up and sniffing the bucket to try to get the lone french fry. Steve finally got it out for her but she still wouldn't leave the bucket alone. She kept sniffing it and trying to get her face inside it. Trying to help her out, Steve tipped over the bucket to show her that there truly weren't anymore fries inside. She was scared of the bucket's new angle at first but she kept sniffing and sniffing it. She finally started pulling out the tools one by one to try to get to the bottom of the bucket. Steve and I just stared at her because we had never seen her do anything with such concentration before. It ended up with the tools all spread out in a big old mess and when Steve finally looked in the bucket to find what she was searching for, he found an old little piece of garbage, who knows if it was edible at one point or not. It was just so funny to watch her tear this thing apart. I guess whatever that was that was in the bucket smelled pretty darn good to her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dogs are so funny. We used to throw Killer's ball in the laundry basket and he would be so afraid of jumping into it that he would circle it for hours. Dumb dog!!!
Thats funny! Shes a cute dog!
If I knew you were working on Saturday, we would've gone over to Golf 'n Stuff (if you were there at night). It was between there and Pinnacle Peak. It's definitely on our list to do before we leave.
Post a Comment