3 Months Old Today!! Preston is 3 months old today and we can't even believe it. He is just growing and growing and doing more with each day. He is such a sweet little boy with quite the personality. He's definitely not afraid to let us know how he's feeling and is getting pretty chatty with all his little noises and laughter. His favorite thing is bath time with his daddy and we can't get enough of the rolls on his thighs and his big belly. Just in case you were wondering, Preston is wearing his Diamondbacks outfit in honor of spring training that started yesterday. We're hoping that we can go to a couple games to introduce Preston to D-Backs baseball.
It's been a big week for Preston. He started sleeping in his crib in his room. He's already been taking his naps in there but I figured that since he's been sleeping through the night on a consistent basis, I have no more excuse for him to sleep by our bed. It's weird to not have him right next to me, but it was time for him to move on. This picture is of him the first morning in his crib. He always wakes up so happy (but about 10 minutes later he realizes hungry and starts to let us know)!
Yesterday he rolled over! Okay, it was more of an accident than anything else so he hasn't done it again. But I'm keeping my eye on him during tummy time to see if he attempts it and so I don't miss it this time.
*Update: Preston rolled over about 4 more times this morning after I posted this. I guess it wasn't just a fluke. The funny thing is that he's lifting his head to look at the TV and that's what gets him momentum to roll over. Silly boy!
Three months seems so old to me, I guess because it marks the end of him being a newborn. At the same time we're very excited to see him continue to grow and learn.
5 comments:
Hooray! Before you know it, it'll be his birthday!
Hallie was sleeping through the night by 3 months, but I couldn't part with her, so she didn't go to her own room until she was 5 months (I finally set a date, which was the first of the year, cause I kept putting it off). Now she's back in our room cause we only have a one bedroom. Oh, how we wish we had that second room again :)
Please keep the milestones coming post to post...it's been a while since we've had a baby in the hous...and I've forgotten when they roll over...not ha ha, dead serious. :) p.s. We suck!
What a big step-his own room. When we finally moved to our two bedroom and Madison slept in her room for the first time (about 4 months) I remember haveing mixed feelings-sad and happy. Its the first small step towards being independent-good job!
Oh he is becoming a big boy! Can't wait to see how big he has gotten since we have seen him last.
We kicked Alissa out of our room at about 3 weeks! Mike is a very light sleeper, plus she didn't sleep through the night until she was about 6-7 months old. You'll love it when they start sleeping in in the morning, but also being content to just hang out in their crib and play for a half hour. It's a much more relaxing way to wake up in the morning.
Post a Comment