Monday, April 13, 2009

Christmas Anyone?

I have to start by saying that I have totally copied (I mean to say that I was so inspired by) Steve's cousin Amy Jo. A while back she had put on her blog that she was starting to make Christmas stockings for her family. I thought that was such a cute idea and I remembered that it was something my mom did when she had young kids at home. So I decided to give it a go!

I was very, very scared when I first got these in the mail because I'm not known for my mad sewing skills, so I knew this was going to be a long process. I've had to learn so many new things like beading, sequins, and new stitches that I'm hoping I'll be a pro when I'm finally done. I started with mine and it took about a month, but I finally finished tonight! I'm so excited to get it done and I'm crossing my fingers that I can get Steve's and Preston's done before Christmas (since they are more difficult, especially Preston's). Here's the results:

(I even picked the same stocking as Steve's cousin, I guess I was just so inspired! Sorry Amy Jo, take it as a compliment because it was by far the cutest one!)

Please ignore how gross I look!!

8 comments:

Daniel M. Wilker said...

Wow that really looks good! Great job. I definitely want one.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! I can't even thread a needle without getting frustrated so that just looks like rocket science to me. Looks great!

Kara said...

That's so cute! Great job, Amy!

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Hooray for more Christmas stockings!!! I love that you've taken on this project! Aren't you so proud of the finished project??? I know I am! I have learned a ton & I think it's kinda fun. I just finished Carson's. Whew...it was a little more complicated. Which ones did you get for Steve & Preston???

I'm glad I provided a little inspiration! Totally makes my day!

The Wilker Family said...

My wife is awesome!! I have watched her work on this project and have repeatedly told her that I would have given up a long time ago. I am so proud of her (and you don't look gross, you sexy mamacita!)

Steve

Aranne and Dan said...

It looks great Amy... Can't wait to see them all hung up and then filled with goodies!

Nan and Aaron said...

Congrats. I resisted this crazy tradition for so long and finally gave in to make my hubbie happy. I just finished my first one and surprised Aaron for an easter gift. I'll post a picture soon, although Amy made the same one and she'll probably get around to posting first. Good luck with the others! Natalie

Mike and Holly said...

Amy it came out great! You did a fabulous job with all the little beading and sequins. And our little guy couldn't be cuter on all the other pics!