I had a wonderful first Mother's Day yesterday! Steve and Preston (but mostly Steve) had worked really hard to make me some home made flowers out of tissue paper and pictures of our monkey. Steve also made a survival kit filled with some of my favorite goodies. Preston also got a new shirt that says, "My Mom Rules." Very cute!
Steve said, "Thanks for helping our son to grow and blossom!" I thought it was the sweetest gift and I absolutely loved it!
Last night in continuation of our Mother's Day, we went to a local event, Tucson Pops Concert Under the Stars. They have been putting on outdoor performances every summer for almost 60 years with the orchestra and different guest performers. It was the first night and there were tons of people, but we came with our blanket and little picnic and had a great time. The music was wonderful and it was a great way to spend a Sunday evening. We're hoping to be able to go to a few more in the coming weeks.
4 comments:
You guys look like you had a great day.. So glad the weather is warming up and we can get out and enjoy it huh?! Happy first mother's day to you... Steve did a good job by the way! We are very proud of him.
We probably walked right by you guys and didn't even notice. We spent most of our time at the playground with Alissa though. But I came up to watch Crystal Stark perform. She was AWESOME! I think we're going next weekend too. The only week we're not going is Memorial Weekend because it is CRAZY packed!!!
I love that concert. I wish we'd remember to go, but Sundays are so crazy for Matt, he's just so happy to be home in the evening.
Glad you had a great mother's day!
(and yay about the rice cereal!)
That is the cutest little bouquet I've ever seen!!! How thoughtful of Steve!
I've never heard of that concert! It sounds really neat!
Post a Comment