Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fun, Fun, and more Fun!!

We went to Las Vegas over this past weekend to visit my brother Dan and his wife Aranne. It is definitely one of our favorite places to go because we always have so much fun when we visit them and this weekend was no exception! We were a little nervous because this was the longest car ride for Preston but with a few pit stops he did really well and we can't complain.

The weekend was a busy one with lots of fun things including: Chinese food, watching a movie, going to Lake Mead, riding their jet skis, going to the 51's minor league baseball game with Families Supporting Adoption (Dan & Aranne are the co-chairs and plan all the activities so we definitely wanted to show our support!), a BBQ, swimming, and lots of board and wii games.

It was so fun to go to the lake! We went early to avoid the crowds and even though it was VERY windy and the water was really choppy we had so much fun! Neither Steve nor I had been on jet skis before and we absolutely loved it. I even drove one by myself! I need to get the pictures of us on the jet skis from Aranne, we were kind of going back and forth on our cameras the whole weekend. Preston seemed to like the lake and just wanted to pick up the rocks and eat them, and he didn't seemed bothered by the super strong winds which was nice.

We bought this floaty for Preston for like $6 and it was awesome! It made a great tiny pool for him at the lake and by the swimming pool and was also good in the water.



Thanks guys for a great weekend and hopefully we can see you again soon!!!

6 comments:

Sarah and Trent said...

Grandma Chandler rode on her first Jet Ski last summer at Bear Lake...she loved it too :-)

I wish I had a picture of it!!

Looks like you had a fun time!

Aranne and Dan said...

We love having you guys here and are glad you made the trip to come and visit... I will get you the pictures this week I promise! We had a great time too and love spending time with our adorable little nephew. Thanks for coming.

Mike and Holly said...

Preston is quite the cool beach dude with his hat and floaty. We are so glad you guys had a great time. It is one of the wonderful things of life to see our kiddos be such good friends!

Adrian said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I'm so ready for a vacation! Preston's hat and floatie are adorable! How much did you love the jet skis?!?! They are my favorite! That's basically the biggest reason that I wish we lived closer to water! So so so fun!

I just realized our new family pic is the pose as yours! We are so alike! We're so definitely meant to be friends!

Carrie said...

We've been back and forth about a spontaneous Vegas trip. Now this makes me want to book it!

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

What? You went to Lake Meade? Dang. I live in Las Vegas and I haven't gone yet. Looks like it was fun. Your boy is growing up. He looks like a cutie. Next time you come through Vegas, let us know. Hollie