Monday, June 15, 2009

Wilker vs. Wild

After years of saying that we should go, we finally went camping over the weekend!! We were very excited but also very nervous because we had no idea how Preston would do. We kept wondering the whole time why we hadn't gone camping before Preston, because it would have been 10 times easier, but I guess that's part of the experience. He did great and the whole trip was a success! We went to Mt. Lemmon and were excited to use our awesome new tent (an early Father's Day gift from Steve's parents.) We enjoyed hot dogs, s'mores, the campfire, the cold weather, and the beautiful stars. It went so well that we are planning on going again sometime soon!

Our campsite

I found these sweats for Preston for $4 and had to have them for his first camping trip. So cute! It was super cold in the morning so we put Steve's hat on him.


Steve was able to use his boy scout training and was awesome! He had the tent up in 36 minutes (pretty good for having never put this tent up before) and made fire in just seconds.

6 comments:

Kara said...

I LOVE that beanie on Preston! You should get one for him.

We're not huge camping people, but that looks like a lot of fun. I'll probably convince Brad one of these days to go since I have some fun memories going as a child.

Aranne and Dan said...

That tent is huge!!! Steve's mom and dad must be expecting a lot of grandchildren.... Glad you had fun looks like a great campgrounds.

Carrie said...

I love the travel yard out in the middle of Camp Nowhere. :)

Anonymous said...

Fun! The Sorbe's and another family in our ward were camping on Mt. Lemmon this last weekend too. It made me really want to go, but like you, I'm seriously terrified of camping with Alissa. Maybe we'll do a trial run in Mike's parents backyard first. You guys are brave. Glad it worked out and you had a great time!

Jenn and Kylann said...

We should plan a trip together sometime! We haven't been camping in years!

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

That looks so fun. I am beggin Luke to let us go camping too. He is worried about how hard it will be with a baby but I said it is pretty much teh same as at home- change diapers and eat and play. Glad it was s fun for you.