Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Fourth, Fun, & Fireworks...

We hope everyone had a great 4th of July! We always love to celebrate our freedoms and this great country.

This year we debated what we should do and definitely didn't want to just sit around the house. We finally decided to check out the festivities in Sierra Vista. We spent the afternoon enjoying some interesting local talent and relaxing in some shady grass. We had to kill some time before heading to the fields to see the main event: the fireworks! It was well worth the wait because they were awesome, the biggest grand finale I've ever seen.

We were nervous about Preston and the fireworks because it was definitely past his bedtime and we were so close so it was very loud. He did awesome, he just sat on my lap and stared up at the sky, totally relaxed. I think I jumped from the loud booms more than he did!

His cute outfit his Grandma Elaine gave him!

We didn't brush Preston's hair at all so it was all crazy. We said he was celebrating with firework hair!





I think we will make this a new tradition and it would be even more fun to add friends to the mix next year, so anyone who's interested, keep this in mind for next year!

5 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

We were so there! Dave's family is always in SV for the fourth, and this was my 4th year with them. We love it there!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT time!!! love the pictures. Preston is the cutest thing ever. LY TONS!!!

Savana said...

Preston is getting so big. Madison totally cried during the fireworks-she got scared. I'm glad Preston was brave!

Anonymous said...

We're totally in. We were lame and watched fireworks on TV this year. I didn't even know SV had fireworks. Preston looks so cute with that hair. LOVE IT!

Jenn and Kylann said...

We would love to go with you guys next year if we're still around! We did NOTHING for the 4th this year. It would be been great to be with friends.