Monday, November 30, 2009

One Amazing Thanksgiving!!

It was such a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend, one that we've been looking forward to for a long time. It was Preston's birthday, the holiday of course, and we got to meet our nephew Blake for the first time. We had such a great time with family and remembered once again how much we are thankful for. I have way more pictures than I could ever post, so I'm going to attempt to slim them down to just the highlights, although there are sooo many cute ones! (just a warning that it's still long!)

Baby Blake!!
This boy really is a cutie and we just took turns the whole weekend holding him. I'm in shock that Preston was once that little!!




We got Blake his first set of mickey ears with his name on them. This was supposed to be infant size, but he's got awhile to grow into them!


The Birthday Boy!!
Preston's big day came on Thanksgiving and what do you know he just had to cut a tooth for it, a molar at that. He was not his happy normal self but he still enjoyed opening some gifts and digging into some birthday cake. He enjoyed the chocolate cake a whole lot more than the donut and was not afraid to get a little messy in the process. It was so much fun to watch!


Here comes the cake!


You will notice that Steve and I have different approaches to helping him eat his cake!



The aftermath! He kind of looks a little sad.


Temple Lights!!
We went to the first night of the temple lights. Steve and I hadn't been for a long time so it was really fun. It was VERY busy but it was really neat to see the lights be turned on for the first time. It was a good way for sure to kick off the Christmas season.





We got Preston and Blake matching Mickey pj's and they wore them for the temple lights. They were sure cute in the double stroller.



We're so blessed with such wonderful families. It was a great holiday and are now excited for the Christmas season! What a wonderful time of year!!

3 comments:

Aranne and Dan said...

Love those pictures... We haven't even really had a chance to look at them all yet so it was fun to see them on your blog.

We have a great time too seeing you guys and enjoying the holiday as an extended family. We are thankful for you and glad we are able to spend moments like these with you and create such fun memories. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas lights at the temple. We're going on Saturday, I can't wait.

Preston doesn't even look like a baby any more. He has completely thinned out and has toddler written all over him. Good luck with that :)

Carrie said...

Holy mass update that I enjoyed every second of. I love the twinsie jammmies. Sure way to go. Cake eating and Steve cramming it was priceless, hopefully P won't remember that! ha ha!