We enjoyed a yummy, nice breakfast, some play time in the park, nap time, chatting and chatting, going to Sweet Tomatoes, watching movies, had an impromptu birthday party for Steve, and just enjoying each others' company. Tyson is just 9 months older than Preston and they are just so cute together. They played, and laughed and ran and had so much fun! It was so amazing to see Steve's family and be able to spend some time with them, even if it was just for 2 days. They left at 4am on Monday, so it really was a whirlwind of a weekend as they headed back for another 17 hours in the car. Thank you guys for making the big trip, hopefully it was worth it!!
I love this boy so much!! Isn't he the cutest?
The impromptu baseball cake. I know it could have turned out better, but not too bad for my first time! Oh and if you look at the candles, there are 3 and then 2, I know Steve's older than 5!
Proud grandparents!
I kind of consider this an Easter picture a week late, since Preston didn't get to wear his cute new shirt to church because of General Conference. Don't we look springy?!
The big surprise of the weekend... So Steve's sister Angie has been dating this guy, who also happens to be named Tyson, and it's gotten serious, so serious they've already talked marriage and setting a date but there had been no proposal or ring yet. So big Tyson had arranged with Steve's mom to fly down Saturday night and surprise Angie. We all knew about it and Angie had no idea. Steve and his dad went "to the grocery store" while us girls watched the rest of "New Moon." They came back from the airport and Steve convinced Angie there was a spilled soda that he needed help cleaning up. She headed outside with a roll of paper towels and there she got the surprise of her life. There was big Tyson and he proposed on the spot. They came in a few minutes later and Angie had the hugest smile on her face. They seem so happy and we're so glad we got the chance to meet him. They're getting marred in Idaho on July 31st and we can't wait! Congrats Angie and big Tyson!!
1 comment:
I have to say I'm a pretty big fan of that surprise! I loved stealing some of their time to visit with the Wilker family!
And congrats to the happy couple! I totally got a picture of them. I'll have to post it...eventually!
You look SO cute and springy! And I LOVE your new haircut!!
And your cake is fabulous! I'm super impressed! Happy Birthday Steve!
Post a Comment