Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Weekend!

I'm so behind on my blog lately, it's so unlike me! Easter weekend came and went and it was an amazing one for so many reasons...

It was finally our over-night date that Friday night (after Steve was sick a month ago and we had to reschedule). I had Friday off so we were able to drive up in the afternoon and get Preston all settled at my parents' house and then we stayed in the same resort that we stayed in on our wedding night. It was beautiful weather and so nice to relax, go out to dinner, and be kid free... kind of weird actually! And for the first time since Preston was born I was able to sleep in! (I'm weird and can't sleep if Preston's awake, so I can't sleep in even if Steve's watching him.) It was made even better by coming back to my parents' house and hearing that Preston was awesome for them. Thanks to them for watching him, we really appreciate it!!

The rest of the weekend was just so great... Preston played outside non-stop, helped wash the dogs, went on a walk with Grandpa, cuddled with Grandma, and had a visit from the Easter bunny. Steve and I also enjoyed being outside, going shopping, watching General Conference with my family, and relaxing all together. All-in-all a wonderful weekend, so much so that Preston cried when it came time to leave. We are just so grateful for our amazing families and it was even better to celebrate the Easter holiday together. We are truly blessed!!

I couldn't get Preston to look at the camera to save my life, but here he is with his Easter basket and golf clubs. My parents took a lot of cute pics of the weekend but I forgot to get the pictures from them.

Enjoying one of the books he got from his Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comment:

Adrian said...

What a fun weekend! It's good to get away from your little man once in while. Sounds like he didn't miss you one bit!