Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall in Salt Lake...

It may not be winter yet, but the temps have already started to drop. Steve and I decided that the only way we'll make it through the winter is by planning little trips throughout the winter season. It will just help us have stuff to look forward to and get out of town even for a little bit.

We started with a little trip to Salt Lake City this past weekend. We realized we've never been to Salt Lake in the fall and it was beautiful. The mountains and trees were gorgeous! We spent Friday night hanging out with my aunt and uncle, Lisa and Rees and their kids, Rachel and Garrett. Always a good time!! I of course forgot to get out my camera, darn it. But we had fun eating Mexican food and catching up and Preston would love to have Garrett, who's 11, as a big brother because he had so much fun with him.



Saturday we got to hang out with the Paces: Joel, Carrie, Tyson, Reagan, and CJ. We went to lunch and then headed out to Wheeler Farm for some Halloween festivities. It was an absolutely beautiful, sunny fall day. Loved it! We had fun on the hay ride, walking around, taking lots of picture, going through a hay maze, and picking some pumpkins. It was a great day with only a few mishaps including Steve climbing a tree and almost getting stuck, Abby ending up face planting in the dirt (although she didn't cry and just smiled, mouth full of dirt and all!) and then a little run in with a not so friendly horse that bit Steve on the chest. Just a little hilarious!










We ended our little trip with a quick stop off at Steve's parents house, where Preston and Ty practiced their trick or treating skills, costumes and all.

3 comments:

Adrian said...

You guys are always doing such fun stuff! I'm a little jealous! Btw, you look GOOD! You're so skinny and tan! Again, a little jealous! ;)

Carrie said...

I had forgotten Steve got bit by that horse. Nah I didn't! I'm still laughing. That was so fun. Thanks so much for calling us up. We loved spending time with your darling family. Abby is so you!

Anonymous said...

Why do I always miss all the fun!? :)