Friday, October 7, 2011

It's Here...


(thought this picture embodied the end of good weather...)

What we've been dreading... winter. Sigh. Our above average temps turned to below average temps in about 2 days. A little too sudden for us! It was forcasted to be a bad rain storm for a few days but when Steve looked outside yesterday and said, "Honey, don't look out the window!" The rain had turned to snow flurries, and that turned into real deal snow that stuck to the ground. It was a bad snow day even for a normal winter day let alone so early in October. Nobody was ready for it! I spent the day in sweats, making cookies (I had to make cookies to get over my hatred of the snow!). It's thankfully already starting to melt but it's going to take a couple of days I think and hopefully we get some sunshine soon. We are just not ready for 7 months of winter!
Preston was actually pretty excited about the snow and has been out in it a few times. Had to find his gloves and hat and see if his coat from last year still fits! He was trying to eat it in this picture.

We took some of the cookies I baked to our neighbors and had to bundle up the baby!

2 comments:

Adrian said...

That makes me sad for you! But your kids could not be any cuter in their winter clothes!!!!

Anonymous said...

As a kid snow was so exciting. You get to make snowmen, go sledding, get snow days off school. As an adult, that looks totally miserable. I see now why people take up snow boarding. You've got to do something fun in the freezing cold! And cookies work well too :)