Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Day of Thanks...

Well this will be about more than just a day. We took a road trip to Las Vegas to visit my brother and sister in law for the holiday. It was the first long road trip we've taken with 2 kids so we were a little nervous. We took two days to get there and back to make the drive not so tedious for us or the kids, since none of us really like being in the car for too long. We also got very lucky with great weather the whole time which definitely made the drive that much better.

We left Tuesday afternoon and the drive there went really well and we got to Vegas Wednesday afternoon. (We were able to stop in St. George, it is beautiful there! Totally could live there!) A few hours later we were joined by my parents that also made the trip there. It was a great trip!! The house was busy and loud with Blake and Preston playing nonstop and Abby going all over the floor. We had a great Thanksgiving day and Aranne whipped up a delicious meal, turkey and all. We spent the rest of the trip hanging out, watching football, watching the kids play, going to 2 different parks, enjoying the great weather, the guys going to a movie, Preston going to the movies with Daddy and Grandpa, and seeing the lights at Ethel M chocolate Factory. It was also Preston's birthday on Saturday (I'll do a separate post on that), so we got to celebrate that with the family before leaving on Saturday afternoon. We were definitely not ready to leave and enjoyed being on vacation and being with family.

Blake is super adorable!


Love this pic! This was 30 seconds before the sprinklers turned on on us! We had to dash away!
Preston however had a great time playing with the sprinklers and getting a little wet. Not bad considering it was a gorgeous 73 degrees!

Can you see what their shirts say?? So true!







I have so, so much to be thankful for. When I start to count my blessings, I can instantly list so many... my wonderful husband, beautiful children, health for myself and my family, amazing parents, siblings, in-laws and extended family, faith, testimony, membership in the church, a warm place to live, the opportunity to be a stay at home mom, employment for my husband... ok, ok I could go on and on but I will stop. It's not hard to remember how truly blessed I am but I;m grateful for the opportunity to celebrate this time of year.

No comments: