Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Preston is 3!


My little baby boy turned 3 years old... wait, when did that happen?? He seems like such a big kid that I feel like all of the baby and toddler is completely gone from him. In a way I feel like I've been saying he's almost 3 for so long, that 3 isn't that big of a jump. Also, his development (physically and with his language skills) has come light years from where it was when he turned two, it really is crazy! So just like with Abby, here's what our Preston is doing...

- Working on going potty. He knows how and can control it, but now we just need to buckle down and get him on board with the whole going potty all the time thing. So we'll be hunkering down for the next little bit to do away with diapers.
- I feel like his language skills are really good. He's our commentator and gives us a play by play throughout the day with his constant dialogue. It's been fun to hear his sentences get more and more complex.
- He can now say his name exactly right. He used to pronounce his name "P-T" and then for the longest time he would say it as "Pin-ton." And then one day about a month or so ago he started pronouncing his name right, out of the blue. It was cute to hear him say it right but it was one of things that just reminded me of the fact that he's growing up.
- He's our little negotiator. When I tell him things like it's almost nap time or something he has to do, he tries to negotiate his way out of it. He'll "I watch my show a little bit longer and then nap time." It's pretty cute.
- He weighs 33 lbs. (65th percentile) and is 38 1/2 in. (70th percentile).
- He still is a horribly picky eater. He would snack all day if we let him and hates the idea of sitting down for meals. We have to bribe him with juice or snacks later if he eats just a little bit at meal time. Always a work in progress but thankfully his weight isn't an issue.
- He's still obsessed with cars and I'm not sure he could live a day without them. We actually sorted through his toys and put away a lot of his toys besides cars, spaceships and a few random other toys. We just found he wasn't playing with anything else, just dumping them out.
- He's starting to make jokes and think he's hilarious. He loves to call things something their not like "Mommy cookie" and he just laughs and laughs. I can't help but laugh too!
- He likes to use baby words. Not sure where this came from but he'll say gibberish and when I ask him what he's saying he'll say, baby words.

I love my sweet boy. He really has the best smile, laugh, energy and enthusiasm. Happy Birthday to my boy, 3 is a big deal but I feel like all the birthdays after this are even bigger (seriously 4 seems so much older than 3!).

3 comments:

Kara said...

Happy Birthday to Preston!! Can't believe it's been three years. So true that three is a big deal. I swear once they turn three they lose that baby look. So sad! But four is an awesome age too.
P.S your thanksgiving looked like fun! Glad you could spend it with family!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I love that he tells jokes already :)

Adrian said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Preston! He looks so grown up! Not a baby, not a toddler, like an actual little boy! Wow! You sure are blessed!