Sunday, November 13, 2011

Oh Abby Jean!

Abby is officially starting to get into trouble! She isn't crawling yet but she's scooting, and fast! Every time we turn around she's somewhere she's not supposed to be or has her hands on one of the dog's toys. She demonstrated this even more while at my parents' house and we were constantly having to get her away from different things.

All kidding aside, Abby actually had a scary moment. She was playing on the floor while we were eating Sunday dinner and she started coughing. I went over to her and she was coughing harder and then gagging and choking. I instantly turned her upside down and was hitting her back. By then all of the other adults saw the panic on my face and rushed over. She was still gagging and choking so my dad hit her back even harder and tried to feel for anything in her mouth. He didn't feel anything so I tried to feel for something and there was nothing. By this point she was gagging a little bit but also started to cry a little. I remembered that if they are crying it means they are breathing, so I held her upright and she started calming down. She had swallowed whatever it was she was choking on. SO SCARY! It definitely shook me up to see her like that. I was then worried about her digesting whatever it was she swallowed. She had a rough night and was very uncomfortable and I was having visions of rushing to the er or her being in pain, but only a little bit later she had a poopy diaper and I discovered a partially intact leaf about an inch and a half long. Not great that Abby ate a leaf but it could've been much, much worse, so I was grateful for that.

Here are some pics of her caught in the act...
Can you see her tongue on the lamp post?!
She found a sheet of Preston's stickers and ended up with one on her cheek.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scary, but those pictures are so dang cute!