The kids and I had the chance to go to Arizona for a week... it was great as usual! We got back Friday, and I get bothered if I wait too long to blog things. We like to share our pictures when we're visiting my parents, which is awesome because I feel like as long as someone is taking a picture, I'll get it and won't have to worry. My dad ran out of time to make a cd of the pics before we left so for now I only have my pictures, which feels like I only have half. So I figure I'll use what I have and when I get the cd, I'll do the rest.
The purpose of this trip was our annual Time Out for Women in Phoenix. All 3 of my sisters-in-law and my mom and I were able to go, so fun! Aranne and Maile both flew and only brought their little girls, Chelsea and Kaia... so my dad and Preston were the lone boys. Our flight on Friday morning went pretty well except we were assigned the second to last row and only had a view of the engine (literally couldn't see anything else out the window) and Preston was heartbroken, it was really sad.
I'll post about Time Out in the next part (mostly because I don't have any pictures from it right now) but I'll just say that it was great as always. My dad was put in charge of babysitting and since everyone flew and Nate had to work, he was by himself!! He had Preston (almost 4) and Abby and Kaia (both 18 months old). I know he had his hands full and it was busy and tiring for him but we're so grateful he was able to so we could all go. Katie was able to go with us Friday night but since she was (is) VERY pregnant, due Nov. 15th, she was too tired and not feeling well to go with us on Saturday, but at least it was for a good reason like being pregnant.
Everyone else left Sunday evening and then it was just us and my parents the rest of the week. My parents both had Monday off so the girls enjoyed some shopping while my dad took Preston to the movies. The rest of the time the kids played outside A LOT and got very, very dirty, went to a couple parks, had lunch with my mom at her school, went to Peter Piper Pizza, went to the mall, went to Jumpstreet trampoline place, and enjoyed a lot of play time and enjoying the sunshine.
 |
| Abby and Kaia |
 |
| Chelsea - 8 months |
 |
| Fountain that Abby thought was her personal pool + dirt = muddy little girl. |
 |
| Abby got upset that I wouldn't let her inside while she was muddy and while waiting to get her cleaned up , I got this beauty of her licking the mud. Think this might have to appear in the slide show at her wedding reception someday. |
 |
| Sharing a popsicle with grandpa. |
 |
| The newest students in my mom's 8th grade class. |
 |
| Favorite place to play. |
 |
| Preston liked to make "smoke" with the dirt. Can you see why we had to have baths and do laundry everyday?! |
 |
| Coming down a little slide and right as I took the picture she went face first , haha. She sat right up and laughed. No fear this little girl! She was doing things that other 2 and 3 year old girls were too scared to including a giant inflatable slide that I took her on several times, she just giggled the whole time. |

We happened to be there for the election and we of course watched the election coverage most of the day. Preston wanted to help my mom color her map of the states that was the assignment for her 8th graders. Preston was cracking me up with his comments. He kept saying, "It's too close to call!" Right before bedtime he was sitting with me watching and when he heard them mentioning all the states, he said, "I want O-zona to win!" He then asked what all of this was and I explained it in very simple terms. I told him there were two men that people were voting for or choosing to become the leader of America and would be in charge. He then started to cry and said, "But I wanted to win and be in charge." So funny. I explained that you have to be a grown up to be president and if he wanted he could try to be president someday. Love that kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment