This is our Tree of Thanks. Preston and I wrote things we were thankful for every day. I didn't post of facebook or my blog every morning with what I was thankful for but this was a great way to remember all of my many blessings. Preston's answers were definitely that of a 3 year old including toys, his train, more toys, his blankets, etc. It was pretty cute and the first time we could have the Thanksgiving holiday about being thankful. Love holidays as he's getting older.
We spent Thanksgiving with Steve's family this year. His brother Dan and his wife (who none of us had ever met) surprised everyone with a visit from Alabama. So we had his family all together for Thanksgiving for the first time in 5 years. We had their traditional pilgrim and indian dinner on Wednesday night of homemade soup and corn bread.
I was in charge of the turkey this year, no pressure! This is the 2nd turkey I've ever made and I used a rub. I think it turned out great and I got a few compliments.
| Aren't we cute!?! |
We went to Steve's aunt and uncle's house for the big meal. It was a busy house but a lot of fun. Preston started complaining of his tummy hurting when we got there. He was very lethargic and only wanted to be with Steve. After awhile he fell asleep. Anyone who knows Preston, knows that if he cuddles or falls asleep with us, you know something is wrong! He slept in one of the rooms for awhile and was pretty miserable the rest of the day. He ended up with a fever that night, throwing up, and staying up until 1:30am because his tummy was hurting so much. Poor guy, really no fun to see him so miserable.
| Dan and Nina |
| Abby trying to play a dancing game with the other girls! |
1 comment:
Good job on the turkey missy! Happy Thanksgiving, looks like it was wonderful.
Post a Comment