Remember this kid?? Yeah, I don't either. I was trying to imagine on his birthday what exactly was happening four years ago and it was hard to imagine... seems like ages ago. There are times that I definitely miss that baby boy but it's fun to watch him grow and learn and see his personality continue to develop. One of the things I love about him getting older is being able to have more in depth conversations with him. We can talk about lots of different things. His imagination is awesome and he's understanding deeper concepts like heaven, dreaming, wishing, and Jesus. He continues to be our extremely active and crazy boy. He definitely challenges us and makes us always have to change things up and keep on him. He is one strong willed kiddo! (Don't even get me started on his doctor's appointment... it was rough.) That is just our Preston but we're working on making the best of those qualities that can be a struggle sometime. At the same time we know all of that craziness comes from a positive place and he really is a sweet kid. He will say and do the sweetest things sometimes that really make all of it worth it. Examples...
- He told Steve and I that Abby and I are best friends and that he and Daddy are best friends.
- He always wants me to lay down with him at bedtime and when I get up to leave after a few minutes he almost always asks me to stay longer. Sometimes he'll get upset when I leave because he says he'll miss me when he's sleeping and night time is too long.
- He'll share with Abby even when we don't ask him to. He'll bring her toys or stuffed animals when she's crying. He really loves her and wants to be around her.
| You can tell what Preston's interests are from the presents he got: Batman, Lightning Mcqueen, Avengers, Star Wars. |
Preston's 4 Year Old Questions:
1. Favorite color: Blue
2. Favorite toy: Lightning Mcqueens
3. Favorite fruit: Pineapple
4. Favorite tv show: Super Hero Squad
5. Favorite thing to eat for lunch:Yogurt (go-gurt)
6. Favorite outfit: Batman shirt and Lightning Mcqueen shirts
7. Favorite game: Super heroes
8. Favorite snack: Goldfish
9. Favorite animal: Tiger
10. Favorite song: ABC's
11. Favorite book: Batman
12. Best friend: Tyson
13. Favorite cereal: Fruit Loops
14. Favorite thing to do outside: Sandbox
15. Favorite thing to drink: juice
16. Favorite holiday: Birthday
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night: Lightning
18. Favorite thing to eat for breakfast: waffles
19. What do you want to eat for dinner on your birthday: Cake
20. What do you want to be when you grow up: Exercising guy
No comments:
Post a Comment