The kids have been great with Kaley. They love to watch her and always report when she's awake, moving, or crying. They always like to be by her and check on her. They are so sweet to her and always want to give her things and help her. It's really fun to watch how much they love her.
I am doing really good so far. I think my recovery has been the best of my 3 c-sections. I used less pain killers for less time which I felt was a big accomplishment. By the time I got to two weeks after the c-section I was really feeling good and like myself again (minus the belly and extra weight of course, ugh!!). I have been really amazed at how I've been feeling this time around and so, so grateful. With my mom here I've been able to take naps almost everyday and a lot of mornings I've been able to sleep in and not get up with the older kids so early. That has been huge for me feeling good to get some extra sleep. Emotionally I've been feeling good so far. After both Preston and Abby I definitely got a little bit of baby blues and would get emotional and cry over nothing or super little things. And I had an extra hard time after Abby and had some rough, emotional days. I've been really worried about that this time around and have been pleasantly surprised at how good I have felt emotionally so far. This may be a totally different story once my mom leaves and I am anticipating some hard days ahead but feel lucky that I haven't had those yet.
We love our Kaley very much and it's crazy how she can already have opinions on things. She's already seeming to be a mommy's girl and loves to be held. She prefers to sleep in her lounge/bed thing instead of her pack n' play. When we left the hospital she was 6 lbs. 13 oz., at her weight check at 6 days old she was 7 lbs. 2 oz. and then at her 2 week appointment she was 7 lbs. 12 oz. The past week or so she has started to get really fussy and seems to be uncomfortable a lot and she spits up a lot... we're trying to figure out if it's just some painful gas or some reflux (which Preston had as a baby). Hopefully we can figure it out to make her more comfortable. I think if she had her way I would just spend my day lounging and holding her... unfortunately, I've got two other littles I've got to take care of so that won't work out!
| One week old and first time enjoying outside! |
| Tummy time with Preston. |
| First outing: the park. She did this the entire time. |
No comments:
Post a Comment