Friday, August 15, 2014

One Month!

Our Kaley Mae is one month old today!!  Wow, hard to believe (I know I'll say that every month!).  A little bit about our baby girl... She is now 8 lbs. 14 oz. and just grew out of newborn diapers and most of her newborn clothes this past week.  Likes: Mommy!!, being held, sleeping in her lounge chair thing, being swaddled, the green pacifiers that they give you at the hospital, sleeping in the car, being outside.  Dislikes: the pack n' play, being left alone, being hungry or tired, other people besides mommy when she is upset.  Kaley is giving us a little bit of a hard time right now... she is very fussy and cries a lot, like something is bothering or hurting her.  We think it might be reflux and so I took her to the doctor a couple days ago and they gave us a prescription for Zantac.  They said it will take a few days to notice a difference so we will see.  If it's not that than we'll have to see if it's something I'm eating that is bothering her (hopefully not dairy products!).  We would just love for her to have some more happy awake time, for her sake and ours.  Sometimes I think she didn't get the memo that she is a third child and would just rather I hold her all day long.  I remind myself often that she will get bigger way too fast and to enjoy the time I get to hold her.  I love her sweet face and I think she's absolutely adorable.



The novelty of Kaley still hasn't worn off at our house and both Preston and Abby continue to give me updates of what she is doing.  They love to share their blankets and toys with her.  Preston is especially sweet with her and will "read" to her and talk to her.  I love to watch them with her.  She will always be smothered with attention and love from them.  Preston is always the first to tell us that everything we go and do is "Kaley's first time!".  She has a lot of firsts!  We sure do love our Kaley Mae!

Love, love this picture!


No comments: