So along with the buffet/dresser that my parents brought with them this summer, they also brought up a round oak table. We had a table but it was just a basic small rectangle with no leaf. We don't love a circle table but the option of having a leaf to actually fit more people (and the fact that it was free!) was just too good to pass up. The oak was in pretty good condition just looked a little worn and old fashioned. I debated whether to leave it or not but then just decided to go for it.
With the help of pinterest I decided to paint the bottom and stain the top... which also helped me avoid having to sand the more intricate bottom. The top required A LOT of sanding that I did by hand. It was definitely an adventure with a staining fail that I had to fix and just a lot of steps involved. It's definitely not perfect and I'm concerned about how well it will hold up in my household... I'm already foreseeing it needing to touched up or refinished again in the future. But overall it cost me about $30 and I love how it turned out. The wood is a rich dark brown now that I love. Our chairs do not match at all right now but hoping in the future to find some cheap ones that I might re-do... might have to wait for spring for that one!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing this one! We've got pretty much the exact same table and it's been through a few people before us, so not only is it oak and old fashioned, but very gunky! Someday I'll redo it and copy you. :)
Post a Comment