Halloween seems like a week of fun which I love! Our cast of characters this year... Preston: a ninja, Abby: Elsa, and Kaley: an owl. Money is tight right now, so I am super grateful for kids who were more than happy to wear costumes they already had (although I would've loved to go crazy making a home made Elsa costume). I did make a sparkly white cape and treat bag for Abby, bought Kaley an owl beanie for $5, and made her a tiny tutu. They looked pretty stinkin' cute!
The kids loved getting their costume on almost every day to do some fun things... first up: Trick or Treat Street at Snake River Landing. Business lined up in RVs passing out candy. We've gone to this 3 years in a row and love it.
Carving pumpkins! The kids were so excited!
Ward Trunk or Treat!
On Wednesday I took the kids to another trunk or treat at the technical college close to our house. We'd never been... it was really busy and attracted an interesting crowd that I didn't enjoy but the kids loved it. Abby got to wear her costume for dance class and preschool too! Preston got to wear his to school on Halloween which he was so excited for!
On Halloween we had a jack-o-lantern pizza, that Preston named "Peppy," and took the kids trick or treating around our neighborhood. We've never taken them real trick or treating before but we didn't have any other plans and just decided to go for it. So glad we did, they loved it!
| Ready for trick or treating! |
| Between all of these Halloween activities and getting spoiled by our neighbors and my visiting teacher, the kids have SO much candy!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment