Our last day at the hospital was Thursday, June 16th. We got the all clear from my doctor and the pediatrician that we could go home, altogether! Yay! That was one of my big fears, that one or both girls would have to stay in the hospital longer than me and that I would have to leave them. So glad we didn't have to deal with that! Have I mentioned how awesome these girls did?! We seriously could not have asked for things to go any better. It's always a little stressful to get us all ready and packed up to leave the hospital. That's when real life sets in which is pretty scary, especially when I was still definitely hurting and in the midst of recovery. Preston and Abby were DYING for us to get home and were waiting at the sidewalk for us and started yelling and jumping as soon as they saw the van. They also had painted welcome home signs... just like they did when we brought home Kaley. Something about their excitement to have their brand new sisters home totally made me choke up!
| Once again, TWO babies?!? Will that feeling every wear off?? |
| Love this jumping action shot! |
| This boy loves his baby sisters. He is such a good big brother and so sweet. |
A huge shout out to my mom!! She wrangled all three of these kids for 3 and half days all by herself. They are a crazy bunch sometimes so that is not easy! They LOVE having her here and it was such a comfort to know that they were in such good hands and I didn't have to worry at all while I was in the hospital. Grandma reading books before bedtime is definitely one of their favorite things to do with her!
| A couple of days later... I still wasn't feeling great but sure loved the baby cuddles. |
No comments:
Post a Comment