Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Newborn pictures...

Haven't had a chance to post these earlier.  A little back story... We have a photographer that we have used a few times and that most recently did our family pictures in April.  I contacted her about doing newborn pictures for our girls in June.  We have always liked her work and she is very reasonably priced which is hard to find around here.  Unfortunately for us she was also expecting and would be on maternity leave in June.  We weren't sure what we were going to do and if we could find a photographer we could actually afford that would still do nice pictures.  Well, on facebook I follow Rachel Cook Photography, who is the one who did Kaley's cake smash session when she turned a year.  She does AMAZING work but is way out of our price range.  She had posted that she was booking newborn sessions, I commented that we were needing a photographer for our twins but we couldn't make that work with our budget but that I loved her work.  That night she sent me a message saying that she would love to gift us a newborn session because had been dying to photograph twins.  I was shocked and super excited!  I immediately replied and thanked her endlessly.  It was such a huge relief to not only have that crosses off my to do list but to know that we were going to have really great pictures from a very talented photographer of our new sweet girls.  

I had been looking forward to this session and was so excited when it came.  Better yet, both girls did awesome.  They slept the entire time and were so cooperative.  I had also asked if we could just get one picture of all 5(!!!) of my kids together, and she happily agreed.  I am so in love with how all of these worked out.  It was such a blessing to us to have this offered to us for free, we did have to pay to get some of pictures printed but it was a small price to pay!
I thought this was perfect for their summer birthday!
This melted my heart!!
I had requested one of their feet, random I know.  When we did Kaley's newborn pictures the photographer took one like this and I thought it was kind of weird but it ended up being one of my favorites, so I needed an updated one!

Maddie


Riley

Riley - one of my favorites!
This was adorable to see in person too!
Maddie
We later learned from facebook that this photographer was experiencing a miscarriage about the same time as our session with her.  Our hearts broke for her even though we don't know her that well.  I appreciated her taking such sweet care of our babies and capturing this special moment in our lives even when things were difficult for her.  It once again put things in perspective for me and made me so grateful for these beautiful, healthy babies.  It helps me remember to kiss and squeeze my kids a little tighter each day.

No comments: