Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christma-versary!

The holidays are such a busy time, so I'm going to try to do some catch-up!

Steve and I started our tradition of Christma-versary when we were first married and it's a fun little family thing. Our anniversary is one week before Christmas, so we celebrate our anniversary the Friday before and then celebrate our own little Christmas the next morning. Steve's sister Lisa babysat for us so we could go out to dinner. It was the first time in a long time, so it was nice to have a meal to ourselves, and it doesn't hurt that it was our super yummy favorite Olive Garden!

The next morning, we let Preston open his presents from us. We kept it pretty low key, but sometimes it's hard not to get something for him when we know he'll love it! His absolute favorite thing right now is the "Cars" movie, so Lightning McQueen and Mater are always top on his list.





Steve and I didn't exchange gifts this year because our budget's a little tight, but to my surprise "Abby" (aka. Steve) surprised me with a gift. He got plane tickets for me and Preston to go see my parents at the end of February. It was the perfect gift and instantly brought tears to my eyes. It will be so nice to see my parents one last time before our baby girl comes.


Saturday, December 18th Steve and I celebrated our 6th anniversary!! I can't believe it's been 6 years, but at the same time it feels like we've been together forever. It's been a roller coaster of a year, but it's all been worth it and ok because we got to be on that ride together. I love Steve so much. He is such a great husband and I feel like we make such a good team and it's so great to see how wonderful of a father he is. I feel so blessed to have such a happy marriage!


2 comments:

Emily said...

I love this post!! Happy anniversary. What a wonderful feeling to still be in love with your husband. Love that he got you plan tickets!!! You guys are so cute together. glad that you had each other during your rough times. makes the world of difference.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great Christmas with so much family around.