Friday, December 31, 2010

Part 2 - Christmas

We had a great Christmas with the busy house. Preston and I went to pick up Steve on Christmas Eve; we were sure excited to see him! We hung out outside (loved just sitting outside!) for awhile before our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. My family always has a very nice dinner for Christmas Eve that includes candle light and my mom's nice china. We didn't use the china this year but managed to have candle light even though the kids had to be closely supervised. We had everyone there that night except for Nate and Katie.


Before the kids got too restless, my dad read Luke 2 and we tried to have a somewhat serious moment, not an easy thing with all the kids!


It was so fun to have Ellie there. She drew a special picture for Santa and made sure to leave him milk and cookies. She even got a note back from Santa the next day! She was pretty excited!

The traditional shot before we could go downstairs to open presents!

Preston didn't fully understand the whole Santa thing this year, besides knowing who he is. But he totally understood the open presents part of the day and loved it. I love this picture because he knows there are presents for him, but we were making him wait to open them!


Blake decided to cuddle up to Steve in the middle of opening presents, it was so cute!

After opening lots of presents and cleaning up the mess, we had our traditional big breakfast. Some of us look like we just woke up even though it was already almost 10am.

We spent half the day in our pj's and the rest of the day watching movies, playing games and relaxing just the way I like to spend Christmas day. We also got to spend that Sunday together as a family, which was great. Monday morning came and everyone had to go home. It was very hard to say goodbye to my parents. I wasn't ready to leave them or AZ quite yet, but here we are at home and the high temp. today has been 5 degrees! We had a great trip. It really was so great to be together, especially since we're never quite sure when that will happen again. I feel so blessed to have such amazing families!

2 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Looks like a fun holiday surrounded by family! And I completely agree that kids make it an entirely new level of fun. Jenna (at 3) JUST started to 'get' the Santa stuff, so next year, P should be completely on board. Happy New Year!

Carrie said...

Is that little boy applying for colleges yet? HE's HUGE now! I still remember pics of him as a teeny tiny newborn baby. It looks like Christmas was a fantastic one and P is at a fun age. And I totally sympathize with you, it's so hard to live in AZ and then return to snow. I'm happy with a snowcone, don't want to drive in it!