Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Back to Real Life!

Preston and I are officially back to real life after our awesome trip to AZ. Idaho even welcomed us with lots of the snow melted and pretty decent temps (high 30's, low 40's), although it's already snowed a little bit since then.

Today starts our official countdown to baby... 6 weeks!! It's really becoming real and kind of freaking us out. I have long to do lists of things that I need to/want to accomplish before she makes her arrival. I'm just hoping that I'll have enough energy and motivation to do it all. It's sometimes hard to get stuff done with Preston around but I know it will be even harder with a newborn, so that makes it crunch time!

This is me a day before 33 weeks. I'm officially huge and feel it! I have a lot more little aches and pains than I did with Preston but I'm thinking that's because I'm chasing a 2 year old around all day. And now I'm starting to feel like I'm waddling... so attractive, lol!

I've officially started using my sewing machine. I'm really horrible at it still, but I guess it just comes with time and practice. I've made 3 flannel blankets for Abby (ok, they're just a one layer square, but you have to start somewhere!). When I was pregnant with Preston I was given 3 home-made flannel blankets that ended up being the BEST swaddle blankets. They were just the right size and fabric and since Preston was swaddled until he was like 6 months old, they got used A LOT! So I wanted to make sure I had some ready for Abby. They're cute as long as you don't look closely at the stitching. Next project: curtains for Preston.

This picture is just random but too cute not to post. This was Sunday after church and we were just watching a little movie. Preston NEVER falls asleep anywhere but his bed and occasionally the car, so we were in complete shock that he fell asleep. Tells you how worn out he was from our trip! Love his belly hanging out!

2 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

woo hoo! and I'm sure the blankets look great. Those are the same ones I sew up for gifts. Just a BIG square to use for swaddling. Enjoy these last few weeks!

Anonymous said...

You look great Amy!