This past Saturday was a big day for Steve!! It was opening day for the Fantastic Sams Hair Salon in Idaho Falls. This day has been a long time coming and we were all excited/scared/nervous to have it here! Steve has been working SO HARD, I am so proud of him. I think he figured out that he worked 90 hours last week between training and all the final prep work that had to be done, so crazy (he was just a little tired by the end of the week!). Needless to say we missed our husband/daddy around here, but that's where he needed to be. He will still be busy for sure, but at least now he can get into a normal routine with having the salon open.
I wanted to include some before and after pics because it's pretty dramatic. It was a swimsuit and lingerie store before complete with 2 different shades of pink for the walls. It looks awesome now, seriously so nice! I've already told Steve that I need to come in next week for a haircut and highlights... I've got to have good hair if my husband is managing hair salons!



A couple days before opening, Steve and his dad had an interview with the Idaho Falls newspaper (a result of the press release Steve had sent out to all the media outlets around here, way to go honey!). Our county is celebrating 100 years so they are doing a whole sections on old and new businesses. It comes out April 17th, so that will be exciting. This is Steve, his mom and dad, and his sisters Angie and Lisa who are both licensed cosmetologists (Angie will be working in the Pocatello location when that opens).

After pics!





Steve in his office in the back of the salon. Still needs some work in there, but the front of the salon took priority!

Now that the salon is open, Steve can focus on the grand opening event that's happening the beginning of May and then the future location in Pocatello and possibly Blackfoot... oh yeah, and having a second kid in a few weeks! So, yeah, we're a little busy around here but that's life!
4 comments:
CONGRATS!!! I love these before and after pictures. so happy for steve and all his hard work. i hope opening day goes well!!!
The after pictures look...shall I say...FANTASTIC! :-) Seriously, the place looks awesome. Congratulations to Steve and to you & Preston as well! I'm glad he can get back to a more normal routine now, at least for a few more weeks until the baby is born. :-)
The place looks great and I am sure Steve is glad to have the place up and running. I wish you guys all the best on this new adventure...and the new one that will shortly be arriving too. Wow...you guys sure know how to do it big!
It looks so great! Thanks so much for sharing pics, I've been wanting to see them. Congrats, I'm so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment