Sunday, March 13, 2011

Checking Out Boise!

This past Friday we decided to head to Boise to check things out. Things are getting really busy for Steve and from here on out he's going to be working Saturdays (thankfully the salon is going to be closed on Sundays.). But we pretty much saw this as the last weekend to go somewhere and have a little fun, one last hurrah before work gets crazy for him and baby comes in April.

We started our drive Friday afternoon and our first stop there was the Carter's outlet. We had a little too much fun finding super cute things for Abby and even got some great deals for Preston too on some pj's, a couple shirts, and his Easter outfit. All I can say is that it's good I don't live close to that store because it is way to easy to spend lots of money there! We headed to our hotel and Preston and Steve went swimming which Preston loves. We got a great deal on a room at a Residence Inn which is owned by Marriott. It was the greatest hotel stay I think we've ever had! The room was GREAT with a living room area and full kitchen and the staff was so nice. They even had a full, hot breakfast included. It always makes a trip way better when the hotel stay is nice.

We relaxed a little in the morning and then headed to the Boise Temple to check it out. Definitely a unique looking temple but very pretty. Preston pointed out that it was a temple when we were driving up, love those moments! We were planning on going to the park but it was a little cloudy and the wind was just to cold so we changed our plans. We ended up going to Wahooz which is a family fun park. They had a kiddie play area and Preston likes the video games and watching the go-karts. These kinds of places are perfect for Preston right now because he has a lot of fun even though he can't go on all the rides or do the miniature golf yet, and we get out of there with only spending a few dollars! We grabbed some lunch and headed to the main attraction... Monster Jam!!






I can't say I've ever wanted to go to a monster truck show... the things you do when you have kids! We were excited for the new experience and hopeful that Preston would love it. It was in a pretty small indoor stadium and it was definitely not sold out, so we decided to sit in some close seats instead of our seats that were in the back. BIG MISTAKE! We were right above where the monster trucks came out. One word... LOUD!!! Pretty much the loudest thing I've ever heard in my life. Of course it totally freaked Preston out and he was very scared. I took him to the very top row of the stadium while holding his ears while Steve went and bought him some ear muffs they had for sale. Preston had to sit on my lap and hold onto me for quite awhile but he watched the trucks do their tricks. His favorite were the little "monster" trucks that weren't quite as loud and the bulldozer that came out when they flipped over. He warmed up a little bit as the show went on and Steve and I got into it. It was definitely over priced but a really fun experience overall.





I thought it was funny too, when I realized that 3 weeks before Preston was born we went to a Carrie Underwood concert. Preston got to hear some good music in the womb, meanwhile poor Abby got to listen to the sound of monster trucks. Oh the life of having a big brother!

After a quick haircut for Steve at a Fantastic Sams in Boise, we headed out; all beyond exhausted. Preston was so tired and totally crashed on the way home. It's good that the drive wasn't any longer because I'm not sure we would've made it! We really loved Boise, it's really pretty and a bigger city that we're more used to.

5 comments:

Kara said...

I love carter's and residence inn. Sounds like a fun weekend vacation before your life gets really busy!

Heather said...

So fun! I love the connection of Carrie Underwood vs Monster Trucks. Too funny! I'm sure Abby will love trucks from the start (just as Adam loves high-heels).

sb said...

The Boise Temple looks like the Dallas one (which is our temple) - I guess they must have been built at about the same time! I can't say I love the design, but, it's true, they're all beautiful in their own way.

Aranne and Dan said...

Glad you guys were able to get away and enjoy some family time. I also love how you are embracing IDAHO and getting out there and seeing what it has to offer....Monster Trucks! Good luck with that!

Carrie said...

Great idea to get away before the baby arrives because you'll be living as a hermit for the next three months! Am, it's just rude you are pregnant and barely showing. Just rude! hee hee