(side note: we thought we had fully charged our camera battery, but it died on us on our third day. We had to use our parents camera that is 6 years old and then it broke and every picture was blurry on the right side and completely blurry if you zoomed in at all. So sad! I had no idea how much I depended on my camera until I couldn't use it!)
ON OUR WAY
This was Abby's first time on a plane. She did great both ways, even fell asleep for a little bit. Preston is a little more difficult because being on the plane requires sitting still, not his forte, but he did ok.
FAMILY
We spent so much time with my mom and dad and loved that Dan, Aranne, and Blake got to come visit for a couple days while we were there. And we got to see Nate and Katie too. Love being around so much family, definitely makes for a LOUD house!
FUN STUFF WE DID
We were able to do lots of fun things on our visit, we: visited my mom at her school, went to an indoor amusement park with Dan & Aranne, let the kids play, had a BBQ, went to Tucson, went to the Phoenix Children's museum, took Preston to a jumping castle place, watched movies, Steve & I went to a D-Backs game, had a bonfire, took Preston to see Lion King, Abby, Grandma and I had a shopping day and Preston helped Grandpa in the backyard. So much fun!!
TRIP TO TUCSON
We took a day of our trip to head down to Tucson. We were very excited to go back for the first time since we moved 10 months ago. It was very weird and kind of sad to go back. We love it there and there are so many memories that make it home. We fit in as much of our day and had so much fun. We went to Golf N' Stuff where Steve worked for 12 years and I worked for a year and a half. Preston was in heaven! We drove by old house to check it out. It was emotional to see it again but it looks like it's being well taken care of. We visited my old boss Nancy and saw a few of the babies I used to take care of and our old friend Nancy Bullis. That night, our old friend Amanda had a small get together of some of our friends from our old ward. So fun to see everyone and meet some of the babies that have been born since then, and of course they got to meet Abby. It was a great day, although very tiring!!
CUTE KIDS!
Steve left on Thursday and I stayed with the kids until Sunday to spend some more time with my parents. That meant that I had to fly home with these two kiddos by myself... not so fun! Once again, Abby was great but I had to use my entire stash of M&M's and Smarties to get Preston through the flight. Oh well, we made it! We're already counting down to our trip in the beginning of November, although it will be me solo with the kids again.
No comments:
Post a Comment