Yup it's here, the end of summer! I finally understand why everyone in the country (except AZ) has their final summer hurrah over Labor Day weekend. It's so true, the temperature went down 10 degrees on September 1st! Idaho weather just loves messing with us! We are trying to squeeze in all the last minute summer fun. This week we headed to another baseball game where Abby did *slightly* better and Preston was so tired he crashed in Steve's arms at 9:15. It was a great time! The kids and I headed to the zoo which has been a summer staple and we have tried to go once a week. Our zoo here closes at the end of September so hopefully we can go a couple more times.
Yesterday we headed to Lava Hot Springs to go to their summer pool before it closes after this weekend. It's about an hour and a half away from us and we were happy to find that it wasn't busy at all. It has a huge pool, a couple little slides, diving boards, diving platforms, and 4 big water slides. It was a beautiful day except for the cool breeze when we got out of the water. Preston had a blast swimming and going on the little slides and Abby loved her first swimming experience. Steve and I took turns going on the big slides. It's been years since I've been on a water slide and I was surprised how scary it was!! Really got my blood pumping. We had so much fun and I already look forward to going again next year!
Steve was super brave and jumped off the highest diving platform, where you hit the water at 32mph. He had to sign a waiver and wear a yellow wristband allowing him to go! That's him at the top!
Today we went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair parade. I still don't really understand why the fair has a parade but it was still pretty fun. The floats weren't that impressive but I'm still glad that we went. Grandma Chandler was holding Abby and one of the floats was giving away just a few big teddy bears and the people on the float decided that Grandma and Abby should have it. Love that it's 3 times bigger than her! I think Grandma was more excited about it!
1 comment:
I wish it would drop 10 degrees over Labor Day here!
I'm impressed Steve! Now lets see a back flip :)
Post a Comment