As soon as I found out baby Chelsea was a part of our extended family, I wanted to make something for her. I called up Aranne and asked her if she was interested in a car seat cover. They live in Las Vegas so it's not like they have to worry about the freezing temps but it's still good for wind and sun protection. I hunted down some super cute fabric that had pink and yellow that she was wanting. I love how it turned out! If Abby wasn't almost done with her infant seat, I'd be tempted to make a new one for her. I just used cotton for this project instead of flannel like on mine, since it's main purpose isn't warmth and so Chelsea won't melt under it. My picture card is being weird and won't let me rotate the pictures, darn it! Oh well, you still get the idea.
My next thing... my first paid sewing project!! I made and gave our nephew Tyson a cape like Preston's that is Lightning McQueen on one side and superman on the other for his birthday. Ty's sunbeam teacher and son were there and apparently he's obsessed with super heroes, so she's asked if I can make him a Batman/Superman cape and she'll pay me. I still have to figure out what I'll charge her, the materials will be pretty cheap and then I'll just charge a little for the labor. Just exciting to know somewhere thought it was that good. That's my project for the week!
1 comment:
We got it and we LOVE it... It is perfect and the day it came it was so windy.. We will for sure be using it a ton. Thanks so much.
Post a Comment