Friday, March 9, 2012

Week in AZ...

The kids and I headed to AZ once again last week.  This trip kind of snuck up on me with the sicknesses that went through our house but I was very excited to spend some time with my parents and in the nice weather.  My mom had just had abdominal surgery almost 2 weeks earlier so we were happy to see her and that she was doing well.  I'm not sure a crazy 3 year old is the best thing for recovery but oh well.  We always have a great time there.  We're able to do fun things that we don't have here in Idaho, so we try to fit in as much as we can.  This trip included: lots of playing outside, a couple parks, going to Makutu's play land, going to Jump Street (a trampoline, jumping castle place), a picnic, shopping, going to the movies with Grandpa, and just lots and lots of playing.

I love these trips!  There are just so fun and relaxing.  Even though my job as a mom doesn't stop even when we're out of town, I'm able to relax because I don't have all of the household chores, to do's, and projects to keep me busy.  I get to just focus on the kiddos and family and get to play!  I am very thankful for these trips and that my parents help make them possible.  I know that Preston loves going to and is still talking about the things he wants to bring to "O-zona," he's all ready to go back.  Every day he would ask what "fun things" we were going to go do.  And his definition of fun things is very specific and usually involved somewhere with a big slide, lol! Preston isn't the most affectionate or warm to people other than me and Steve, including grandparents.  I don't love that he doesn't want to give hugs and kisses or be affectionate, but I know that he has a great relationship with my parents even though they live in another state.  That's really important to me and I'm glad that we're working to foster those relationships.

Here are lots of the pics of our fun:

Love this face!
 Can you see how dirty his hand is?


 Preston wanted me to jump on the trampoline with him and since there weren't very many kids, I went for it.  Love the fun things you get to do when you have kids.
 Preston was "getting" Grandpa, he thought it was hilarious.
 Having a "campfire" in the backyard.
 Preston got really into helping Grandpa on this trip.  He was helping him take out the garbage.  Fun to watch.
 Preston's favorite: dirt.  The weather was perfect so we kept sending him outside, he took lots of baths.  Preston noticed that Grandpa wearing his sandals and he insisted on wearing flip flops.  Grandma gave in and got him Cars flip flops that Preston wore the rest of the week.  We'll have to hold onto them for a couple of months before he can wear them here.
 This Elmo plane is a favorite of the grandkids and Abby is just the right size for it now.  She loved pushing the buttons and sitting on it, although she didn't know how to get off of it herself.
 One day Grandpa was on Preston duty while the girls went shopping.  They headed to Home Depot and they totally lucked out with a firetruck they could sit inside, a cool car show, popcorn, and they got to build their own wooden Home Depot Car.  So cooll


 The girls!
 Love this.
Our flight left on Sunday at 6am!!  That meant I was awake at 2:45am (and of course I couldn't sleep that night) and we left at 3:30am.  So crazy.  I was very worried how this early flight would go.  Preston was exhausted and had moments of being sad because of how tired he was but other than that, they did really well.  We all slept for a little over half the flight.  We were all exhausted the rest of the day but thankfully we all got in a great nap that afternoon (Preston slept for almost 4 hours and then I woke him up!).
...Until next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's awesome you guys get to come back to AZ so much! Best of both worlds :)

Adrian said...

Looks like a fun trip as usual! I actually laughed because Hayley has 2 of the exact same shirts as Abby. We have the teal butterfly one and the pink striped/flowered one! Too bad you're so far away now!