A couple weeks ago we had three straight days of 80+ temperatures and it was awesome! If we've learned anything from living in Idaho, it's that if you get a day a good weather, you change your plans and drop everything to head outside. Our super nice weather days are so unpredictable so we have to fully take advantage of them when we get them. It is now the end of May and it's in the 50's and 60's and cold, windy, and rainy. Hoping for good weather days again soon.
We were just playing in our backyard. So fun to watch these two play together. They really do love each other.
I was trying to get a picture of them together but of course I can't get them both to smile and look at me at the same time. I love Preston's face in this picture.
We had some water fun one day. Preston was excited to get out his pool even though the water was freezing. Abby loved splashing and didn't mind the cold water, even when it went right in her face. I hadn't bought her a swimsuit yet hence the barely there get-up. I have since taken advantage of an Old Navy sale and got her the cutest hot pink polka-dot swimsuit. It might be a little sad how excited I am about her new swimsuit, but you gotta love the little things. We're hoping for really good weather this summer so we can do lots of things in the water!
oops, it didn't rotate.
It's "officially" summer now that Preston had his last day of preschool. He had been counting down, "Only 3 days of school and then it's summer!" He's a little bummed that the weather doesn't look like summer right now. We are sure going to miss preschool during the summer. We are so happy with the decision we made to put him in preschool already. We've loved hearing him talk about his teacher Miss Jenny and about the things he's learning. He loves going and being able to get out of the house with some friends and doing some fun things, and I appreciated the break it gave me to run errands with only one kid and not two, a much easier task. We've got some plans for the summer including swim lessons and some little t-ball and soccer classes that I'm hoping will keep him busy in the summer. I'm happy that he's going to go back to Miss Jenny in the fall and will be in a class with a few more kids. I have a feeling that I'm going to have a hard time each school year saying goodbye to old teachers and starting with new ones. But for now I don't have to worry about it.
While I'm talking about Preston... this kids sure keeps us on our toes. He continues to be our negotiator and has quite the stubborn little attitude and likes to yell and growl at his parents (not cool, definitely something we don't tolerate and are working on). He had one of his worst days last Sunday... I swear he woke up that morning and made a mental list of every rule and everything we've told him not to do and he did it. He was crazy. He finally had to go straight to bed after knocking over Abby (who he was trying to play with, she was fine) after we'd told him to leave her alone bunches of times. Monday was a little bit the same and he had to go to bed at 7pm again because he was done and I was done too. But the amazing thing that happens as a parent (at least for me) is that I get these constant reminders of why I love being a mom and just how much I love my little ones. Completely on his own on Tuesday, Preston said, "Mommy, you're the best!" Made my day. Or when he just comes up to me and gives me a random hug or kiss and tells me he loves me, it's the best. Even when he's being a busy 3 year old and not doling out the affection I still catch myself realizing that this was always my dream growing up, to be a mommy, and I get to live my dream everyday. I feel very blessed with my wonderful little family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment