Last weekend Steve's sister Angie and I got to go to Time Out for Women here in Idaho Falls. I wasn't sure if I was going to go to this one but once I found out who the speakers and performers were I was really excited about it. The musical performers were Michael Mcclean and Hilary Weeks. I've seen both of them perform before but they are my absolute favorite. Some of the songs that were performed really touched me and felt like they were the messages I really needed to hear. The speakers were also awesome. I love hearing these things that are so uplifting and make me want to try harder to be a better woman, wife, and mother. We had a great time and thanks to Steve's mom (and Steve for Friday night) for watching the kids for us, especially since Abby has been teething the past couple weeks and has been super clingy to me and cranky.
After we were done on Saturday we had a fun little Easter egg hunt for the kids since we won't be with Steve's family for Easter. The kids were so cute and so excited about the goodies inside the eggs. Love these sweet kiddos and the fun times they have together. (and Abby looks like such a big girl in this picture, less than a month until she's 2!!)
It's spring break for Preston this week and now I understand why people leave for spring break because it's still pretty cold, cloudy and windy here and we're still stuck inside. That and Abby has a cough and cold so we're not going anywhere. We like to be on the go even if it's just a trip to Target but it's nice to have a couple days of really staying home and just playing. It's felt really good to focus on the kids and simple things like playing monster trucks and reading books. Definitely good times to remember!
No comments:
Post a Comment