Friday, August 2, 2013

Last week...

Well, we recovered from our super crazy week and it was back to real life.  Unfortunately that meant facing the reality of Steve needing to find a new job.  Even though the stress of selling the salons was over, the new stress kicked in.  Thankfully on Thursday Steve was able to watch the kids so that I could go to the temple.  Exactly what I needed!!  Nothing can beat the peace and spirit of that place.  So grateful I had the chance to go to feel that peace and reset my perspective.  I came away feeling a very strong impression that things are going to work out for our little family.  It put me in such a better mood!

Later that day Steve had to take his dad's trailer back with some of their stuff and pick up Tyson so he could have a sleepover at our house.  Steve and Preston ended up hanging out there the rest of the day so it was just Abby and I.  That night Angie ended up coming back with them so she could hang out with us while the packers were at their house.  Plus we were trying to get in as much time with them as possible!

Friday Angie and all the kids and I went to the zoo and then grabbed lunch and let the kids play in the water in the backyard.  I was able to break away in the afternoon to get a massage (much needed after being SO sore from my race and stress).  It felt so good!  That night Angie and I were able to go to a Jericho Road concert.  They're are an LDS boy band (although they're older now!).  I listened to them all the time in high school and still love their music and know all the words.  This concert wasn't really advertised so there was maybe 150 people including kids and old people.  I actually felt bad for them that there was so little people there.  Angie and I had a great time dancing and rocking out and screaming.  They even had a part where they invited people to come on stage to dance.  There were a few cute kids and then they wanted adult volunteers, so I went for it.  I got to dance on stage with Jericho Road.  It was so much fun and hilarious!  If my 16 year old self could have seen me!  Such a fun night and a great day!

On Saturday Steve had to work so the rest of us headed to Lava Hot Springs for another day of fun.  This time Lisa and Zach were able to come.  It was a cloudy rainy day and super busy since it was a Saturday which wasn't ideal but we were just glad that they never had to close the pools because of the weather.  The kids played nonstop and enjoyed some messy icecream we were there for about 4 and a half hours.  Love us some summer fun!

The boys were not done having fun together so I took Tyson home with us to have one more sleepover.  The boys had a great time playing and going to primary together.  At the last minute we invited Steve's parents and Angie over for Sunday dinner.  It was great to have them here and enjoy the time together.  It's been great to keep these boys together so much but it actually makes them leaving that much harder to face.


 

No comments: