Saturday, August 10, 2013

More racing fun...

Today I ran in the Color Vibe 5K here in Idaho Falls.  I ran with two friends from the ward, Leah and Natalie and it was so much fun!  Since my half marathon my left foot has been giving me a lot of trouble and I would have days of pain and limping.  I was *this* close to making an appointment with a podiatrist but it has been feeling better for a few days.  Because of that I had only run 2 miles since my race so I wasn't so sure how this would go.  Thankfully my foot didn't give me any problems and apparently my training was still working for me because these 3 miles were a piece of cake (even more so because my friends aren't big runners and we took some walking breaks.)  Not going to lie, it was nice to run this without ever getting out of breath and being able to have a conversation during it.  We got color EVERYWHERE and had a great time!!  And thankfully it all washed off!



I had posted on here about Steve and the kids missing my big finish from my half marathon but I was excited that there was an official race photographer and that they would be distributing those pics for free.  Well when they posted the race photos, I was no where to be seen.  I was so bummed that there was not a single picture of me finishing my race.  About a week later they posted on facebook that they had some photos that they had missed... and there were pictures of me finishing. Yea!!



I still can't believe that I actually trained for and ran a half marathon and that it was such a great experience.  Definitely a highlight of the summer!  And so glad that there is proof of me actually finishing!

1 comment:

Emily said...

you are AMAZING!! half marathon??? such a great accomplishment!!!