Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Can Summer Never End??

We are having way too much fun this summer!!  With August coming close to an end I already feel summer coming to an end and it just makes me sad.  I'm trying not to think about the looming colder weather but trying to enjoy this weather as much as possible.  I'm feeling this sense of urgency to squeeze in as much summer fun as I can.  This week has been just that.  We're on our second week of swim lessons for Preston (his second session) and Abby and I.  It's been pretty fun to all have swim lessons at the same time.  Preston is making a lot of progress in being a lot more comfortable in the water and Abby is having a lot of fun.

Monday night we went to the Chukar's game.  It was a little too busy for our liking but the kids had fun and it was just fun to be out doing something.  We always sit in the farthest out bleacher section that is usually empty to let the kids run around without bothering anyone, but it was full this time.  They also got to run the bases after the game was over.



Yesterday we headed to Rexburg Rapids, a fun water park in Rexburg.  We went at the end of the summer last year and Preston has been asking all summer when we could go.  Last year wasn't a great experience because it wasn't a super warm day and the water was too cold so I was a little worried.  Thankfully the weather was awesome for us and the water felt pretty good.  They have an awesome kids part that both kids loved and a lazy river that Steve and Preston were on for the longest time.  We were there for a total of 4 hours and had a great time!
When Abby is cold in her swimsuit she loves to lay on the concrete.  It just looks funny.



Preston was loving jumping in and being thrown in by Steve.  Last summer (and at the beginning of this summer) he would have nothing to do with putting his head under the water, still a little traumatized from falling out of the canoe last summer.  This is thanks to his swim lessons, totally worth the money to have this progress!



No comments: